The vacuum hose is an important part of your vacuum cleaner, because while vacuuming, all the garbage gets filled inside the vacuum box through the vacuum hose.
But over time, dust, dirt, etc. accumulate inside the vacuum hose, which reduces the suction power of the vacuum hose.
Also, the overall performance of your vacuum cleaner is reduced.
In such a situation, it is very important to keep the vacuum hose clean.
But knowing How to clean out vacuum hose is even more important. Because cleaning the vacuum hose in the wrong way can also damage the vacuum cleaner.
So, if you feel that something is stuck in your vacuum hose or the suction power of the vacuum cleaner has decreased, then you too must follow the method given in this article to clean the vacuum hose.
In this article, we will learn through some easy methods and procedures How to clean out vacuum hose. let’s start the article!
Table of Contents:
How Often to Clean Vacuum Cleaner Hose?
Before knowing how to clean out vacuum hose, it is very important for you to know how often or at what time the vacuum cleaner should be cleaned.
If the vacuum hose is cleaned after a long time, then some dirt still remains in it, or cleaning it too often can also damage the vacuum hose.
How often you should clean your vacuum cleaner hose depends on a few things, like:
- How much you vacuum: If you vacuum a lot, you might only have to clean your hose every few months.But if you only vacuum every few weeks or months, you might need to clean your hose more.
- How much dirt and stuff are in your home: If you have many pets or live in a dusty place, you might need to clean your hose more.
- The kind of vacuum cleaner you own: Some vacuum cleaners get clogged more easily. If your vacuum has a hose that gets clogged a lot, you might need to clean it more.
How to Clean Out Vacuum Hose? [Best Easy Methods]
After going through the cleaning time, let us now understand how to clean the vacuum hose.
There are two main ways to clean a vacuum hose, but both methods involve a number of steps.
Here we will learn about both methods of how to clean the vacuum hose but you have to follow all the steps properly.
1st Method: Detach the vacuum hose and Clean
Step 1: Take the hose off your vacuum
Before you do any maintenance on your vacuum, make sure to unplug it to avoid getting shocked.
Look at the instructions from the manufacturer of your vacuum to find out how to take off the hose.
Step 2: Use a broomstick to push out any big clogs from the hose
Hold one end of the broomstick and slide it into the hose.
Push the stick in slowly to avoid accidentally breaking or poking a hole in the hose.
If the hose is see-through, hold it up to a light to look through it and find where the clog is.
If it’s not see-through, you can try looking through the end of the hose.
Step 3: Use Baking soda and vinegar
To clean out any buildup inside the hose, you can use baking soda and vinegar. Put your hose in the sink and add ½ cup (115 g) of baking soda to it.
Move the hose around so the baking soda covers the inside.
After that, slowly pour 1⁄2 cup (120 ml) of white vinegar into the hose.
Leave the baking soda and vinegar to bubble inside the hose for 2-3 minutes.
If you don’t have baking soda and vinegar, you can also use powdered laundry detergent with hot water.
Step 4: Wash with hot water
Wash the hose with warm water. Turn on your sink to the hottest water temperature that you can comfortably handle.
Let the water flow through the hose to rinse away any remaining baking soda and vinegar.
Make sure to run the water through both ends of the hose to completely clean it out.
Step 5: Let’s Dry it
Let the hose hang and dry fully before you attach it again.
Leave the hose to dry for at least 1 hour. Once the hose is completely dry, you can put it back onto your machine.
Make sure not to connect the vacuum hose while it’s still wet to avoid accidentally getting shocked.
2nd Method: Remove a Clog in the Lower Vacuum Hose
Step 1: Remove the main hose from the vacuum
- The main hose is connected at the bottom near the roller and on the main body of the vacuum.
- Take off or unscrew the hose from these points to reach the lower hose.
- Refer to the manufacturer’s manual to understand how to correctly detach the hose from your vacuum.
Step 2: Loosen the lower hose from the vacuum body
- The lower hose is attached to the vacuum’s base, usually where the main hose connects to the machine.
- Find the screw holding the lower hose with a screwdhose.
- Put the screw in a safe spot so you don’t lose it.
- In some cases, the lower hose might be clipped onto the vacuum instead of being screwed.
- If that’s the case, gently pull the lower hose out of the clip.
Step 3: Use needle-nose pliers to grab the clog and pull it out.
- Open a pair of needle-nose pliers and insert them into the end of the lower hose.
- Once you feel the clog, grip it tightly with the pliers. Take out the clog from the hose and dispose of it.
- If you look inside the lower hose, you should be able to spot the clog.
- If you can’t see any blockage, then the lower hose might not be clogged, and there might be an issue with the roller.
Step 4: Put the hoses back on your vacuum
- Hold the lower hose against the vacuum’s body and put the screw back into the hole.
- Use your screwdose to attach the hose securely.
- Then, connect the main hose to keep it in position.
- Turn on your vacuum and check if the suction is working properly.
So, these are the two methods through which you can easily clean the vacuum hose.
If you want to clean your vacuum drain the normal way, you can use the first method.
But if you have something stuck in your vacuum hose, you can use another method to remove it.
In today’s article, we learned how to clean out vacuum hoses.
Hopefully, through this article, you have been able to get information about two such best methods, using which you can easily clean the vacuum river of your vacuum cleaner.
Along with this, you will be able to easily remove any kind of things stuck in the vacuum hose.
A clean vacuum hose is essential to maintaining good vacuum cleaner performance.
You can follow these easy steps to ensure that your vacuum continues to clean your home efficiently.
Thanks for reading!
How do you get something out of a vacuum hose?
In this article, we’ve covered two methods of how to clean a vacuum hose, of which you can use the second method if you need to get some stuff out of your vacuum hose. Please read the article completely.
How do you clean a vacuum hose attachment?
If you want to clean your vacuum hose attachment, you can use baking soda and vinegar for this. In this article, we have explained in detail the whole process of cleaning the vacuum hose using this method.
How do you remove a stubborn vacuum hose?
You can refer to the instructions that came with your vacuum cleaner if you want to remove a stubborn vacuum drain. Because all vacuum cleaners may have different ways to remove the vacuum hos