The best vacuum for vinyl floors should be equipped with a gentle cleaning mechanism to preserve the luster and shine of your vinyl flooring.
But it can also get rid of debris, dust mites, and pet dander, just like the best vacuum cleaner does.
These cutting-edge vacuums have soft-bristled brushes, non-marking rubber wheels, adjustable motor and suction strength, powerful filtration systems, and even clever programming to map and clean a room via internet connectivity.
In this article, we will tell you about What is the best vacuum for vinyl floor? and we will tell you everything from how vacuums for vinyl plank floors operate to important factors that have been covered in our article on the best vacuum for vinyl floors.
Table of Contents:
How Do You Vacuum Vinyl Floors?
It can be difficult to find the ideal vacuum for luxury vinyl floors.
Vinyl flooring is made of durable plastic and synthetic wood, making it one of the most durable flooring options. They remain vulnerable to harm.
Strong vacuums with beater bars and hard brush rolls will scratch the vinyl surface as they move along, even though they can remove particles from it.
Vacuums for vinyl floors are essentially gentle cleaning devices for maintaining the pristine condition of delicate vinyl surfaces.
These vacuums are more appropriate for bare floors than dense pile carpets. High-end vacuums that also function as mops are another option if you want a strong wet and dry hard floor cleaning solution.
An adjustable suction power feature will help you transition smoothly between carpeted areas and a luxury vinyl floor.
However, a high-end vacuum designed specifically for concrete flooring is preferable if you have concrete floors.
Guide to Choosing the Best Vacuum Cleaner for Vinyl Floors?
Now that you are aware that vacuums for vinyl floors are gentler than regular vacuums and better suited for cleaning delicate surfaces, you should take a few factors into account before making a purchase.
What Type of Vacuum Do You Prefer?
For vinyl floors, upright, stick, and robotic vacuums are the three best options.
Consider a stick or robotic vacuum if the flooring in your entire house is vinyl.
A more durable multi-purpose vacuum design, like the upright vacuum, would be needed to switch between different surfaces like carpets, hardwood, tiles, and vinyl.
The weight of your vinyl floor cleaner will matter if you plan to vacuum your floors every day to keep them spotless.
If your home has multiple floors, for instance, you’ll need to consider portability so you can carry it up and down the stairs.
Both stick vacuums and robotic vacuums are fantastic choices for portability. The vacuum has a cord or is cordless.
Due to the benefits of both corded and cordless Hoover cleaners, you should consider your home’s layout and the amount of furniture you have.
Homes with sparse furniture and few inaccessible spaces are ideal candidates for a corded vacuum.
The cords should be long enough to allow for simple cleaning so that you don’t have to switch between plug-in sockets all the time.
You’ll gather a sizable amount of dirt, debris, and pet hair while cleaning vinyl or any other type of floor.
Before you have to manually dispose of the trash, you should think about the size of the dustbin and how much it can hold.
You should be on the lookout for an upright vacuum cleaner for vinyl floors with a higher dust cup capacity if you have a large home with a lot of space to clean.
By doing this, you can save yourself from making multiple trips to the trash can.
Stick vacuums or robotic vacuums, on the other hand, can effectively clean smaller homes because they have a smaller dustbin capacity.
List Of The Best Vacuum For Vinyl Floors
Here are the expert recommended Top 5 Best vacuum for vinyl floors.
#1 Tineco iFloor Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- Dimensions: 10.6 x 9.8 x 43.7 inches
- Weight: 15.44 pounds
- ASIN: B0B42SWT68
- Country of Origin: China
- Model number: iFLOOR 2 Complete
- Batteries: 1 Lithium Ion batteries required
- Assembly required: Yes
- Warranty: 24-month limited warranty
For customers who don’t want a cord to limit their mobility, the Tineco iFloor cordless vacuum cleaner is perfect.
Thanks to a two-tank system that separates dirty and clean water, it can easily handle a variety of hard surfaces and both wet and dry messes.
It is by far one of the best vacuums for vinyl floors. With its strong suction power and low noise level, it is perfect for vacuuming both liquid and debris.
When cleaning a big house, some users might need to empty their tanks multiple times.
- Vacuum and wash at the same time for half the time you spend cleaning.
- Cleaning wet and dry messes on a variety of sealed hard floors, including hardwood, tile, laminate, vinyl, and marble, is efficient when done with a cordless floor washer.
- You always clean with fresh water and solution because the dual-tank system keeps clean and dirty water separate.
- Your floors will be completely dry and streak-free in a matter of minutes thanks to iFLOOR 2 Complete with up to 90% water recovery rate.
- The portable, self-propelled iFLOOR 2 Complete can go anywhere and clean any mess thanks to its self-propelled design, which allows for freedom of movement.
- Noiseless operation
- Handles both wet and dry messes
- Possess a self-cleaning feature
- When cleaning large spaces, it might be necessary to empty tanks more than once
#2 Shark SV1106 Upright Bagless Vacuum
- Brand: Shark
- Special Feature: Wheels, Bagless
- Form Factor: Stick
- Surface Recommendation: Hard Floor
- Power Source: Corded Electric
- Cordless: Yes
- Voltage: 10.8 Volts
- Item Weighs: 7.5 Pounds
- Capacity: 0.64 Quarts
The Shark SV1106 is a lightweight upright vacuum that works well on both carpets and hard floors.
Its large 0.6-liter dust cup makes it suitable for cleaning large areas, and the absence of a cord makes moving it around the house even simpler.
The best vacuum cleaner for vinyl floors also has a powerful motorized brush that quickly gathers dust and other debris from the floor and an advanced swivel steering system.
- The upright, bagless Shark SV1106 vacuum cleaner is made for easily cleaning carpets, hard floors, and above-floor surfaces.
- It has a strong motorized brush roll and cyclonic technology for effective cleaning and strong suction.
- Because of its lightweight and portable design, the vacuum is simple to move around the house or up and down stairs with.
- Additionally, it has a rechargeable battery that enables cordless cleaning convenience and offers up to 40 minutes of run time on a single charge.
- Very adaptable
- Works on both carpets and hardwood floors
- Large capacity of the dust cup
- High charging period
#3 EUREKA NEW200 All-in-One
- Dimensions: 45 x 11 x 10 inches
- Item Weight: 11.68 pounds
- ASIN: B09F2LQXN3
- Country of Origin: China
- Model number: NEW200
- Specific instructions: Household Cleaning
- Care instructions: Self-cleaning
- Assembly required: Yes
The Eureka NEW200 is a robust wet and dry vacuum cleaner with a two-tank water storage system and fairly strong suction power.
Additionally, it has a swivel steering wheel for easy turning around furniture and is fairly lightweight for quick movement.
A storage tray keeps the vacuum out of the way when not in use, and it also has a self-cleaning system that gets it ready for the next cleaning session.
The 25-foot cord is the Best vacuum for vinyl floors and is sufficient for easy maneuverability, but it may restrict how far you can clean.
- The one-step machine that vacuums up dirt and washes at the same time, leaving no residue on your hard floors and revitalizing your area rugs, is All in One Convenient and Powerful Cleaning.
- Powerhouse All-In-One combines the revitalizing cleaning of a mop to remove sticky and stuck debris with the deep cleaning advantages of a traditional upright vacuum, sucking up debris and embedded dirt.
- With Eureka’s two-tank system, you can avoid repeatedly dipping your mop into dirty water or moving a dirty pad around because dirty water and debris are collected in a separate tank.
- Swivel steering and a lightweight design make it easy to maneuver around furniture, along cabinets, and into corners that are frequently missed, ensuring that you can give every nook and cranny a thorough cleaning.
- Effectively cleans carpets and floors
- Easy maneuvering with swivel steering
- Easily put together
- The length of the cord may be an issue when cleaning.
#4 Bissell 81L2A Power Edge Vacuum Cleaner
- Brand: Bissel
- Special Feature: Wheels
- Form Factor: Stick, Upright
- Surface Recommendation: Hard Floor
- Power Source: Corded Electric
- Weighs: 7.5 Pounds
- Capacity: 81 liters
- Wattage: 500 W
If you know how to vacuum hardwood floors properly, the Bissel 81L2A is a dependable hardwood vacuum cleaner that promises to handle dirt and debris at home effectively.
The V-shaped foot that it includes is ideal for cleaning edges and corners.
The best vacuum for lvp flooring, with a cleaning path width of up to 11.35 inches, is also very good at cleaning large areas.
It also comes with rubber squeegees that are ideal for collecting pet hair and spills.
- The power cord is 20 feet long. It only weighs 7 pounds, which makes it very lightweight. includes a container that is simple to empty.
- It is easy to put its parts together, use them, and maintain them.
- Additionally, due to the V-shaped design of its swivel head, it can move through your furniture.
- The ability to have a unique rubber material that has a strong attraction to fur and hair eliminates the need for special attachments when trying to remove pet hair that has fallen onto a hard surface.
- Due to the high-quality materials used to construct it and the usefulness of the one-year warranty, it is very durable.
- Strong suction power
- Small size makes for simple storage
- Lightweight and maneuverable
- Very short cord
Normal Vacuum Cleaners VS Vacuums For Vinyl Floors
Standard vacuums are a great option for cleaning carpets, but you should use a gentler cleaning technique, like the best vacuum without a beater bar, to prevent harming vinyl floors.
Homeowners today prefer vinyl flooring because it is incredibly tough, long-lasting, and simple to maintain.
However, it is vulnerable to scratches from sharp objects and small debris, such as sand.
A brush roll for thorough cleaning is typically included in the best vacuum for wool carpet.
On vinyl floors, this tool should never be used because its heavy bristles and fast speeds will dull the surface’s natural shine.
Using these vacuums rough will result in a few noticeable scratches and marks.
Some vacuums, however, have soft brush rolls that rotate slowly, making them the ideal option for delicate flooring. In terms of construction, it ought to have swivel steering for simple maneuverability and an ergonomic design.
How Vacuums for Vinyl Floors Work?
The best vacuums for vinyl floors employ the same fundamental engineering as other vacuums.
The vacuum uses the motor’s suction power to draw air and any other small dirt particles caught in it, then pushes the air into a bag or a canister.
However, keep in mind that vinyl floors don’t require as much suction as carpeted surfaces do. If possible, start at the lowest power setting and gradually increase it as needed.
In addition, an exhaust port on the other end of these vacuums is used to release the collected air.
The majority of vacuums, however, come with at least one powerful filtration system, such as the HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Arresting) filter, to stop tiny particles from escaping.
The air that emerges from these filters is safe to breathe again because they capture even the smallest particles.
If any member of the family suffers from asthma or has a dust- or pet-hair allergy, HEPA filters are a necessity.
Reasons to Purchase a Vacuum for Vinyl Floors
Even though vinyl floors are extremely durable, you can’t just use any regular vacuum on them. Vinyl flooring is unique from other types of flooring.
Therefore, if you want to keep the appearance of your brand-new vinyl flooring, you need a vacuum that is specifically made for the job so you can clean it without worrying about leaving scratches and dents.
Let’s examine these in more detail, along with the instances in which you ought to forego making this purchase.
- You have vinyl floors: It should go without saying that you should choose a vacuum with a gentle cleaning mechanism to prevent damage to your flooring. Soft brush rolls, rubber wheels for extra-sensitive surfaces, adjustable cleaning modes, and powerful filtration systems are all features of vacuums for vinyl floors.
- You want to replace your current vacuum: It’s worth upgrading to a vacuum for vinyl floors if you’re looking for more sophisticated features than what your standard vacuum offers, such as intuitive robotic cleaning, super-efficient accessories, and versatile convertible machines.
When selecting the Best vacuum for vinyl floors, there are a number of things to take into account.
It’s crucial to pick a model that is kind to the floor’s surface and comes with the right attachments for thorough cleaning.
Vacuums with adjustable suction, soft bristles, and a height adjustment feature, according to professional reviews and customer feedback, are the best options for cleaning vinyl floors.
It is advised to search for companies that focus on floor maintenance, provide warranties, and provide customer service.
Q1- Can I use a vacuum on vinyl plank flooring?
Ans: The maintenance of your luxury vinyl flooring will be significantly improved by vacuuming it at least once per week. If you want to save time and still have clean luxury vinyl flooring, you can either vacuum the floor yourself or purchase a Roomba automatic vacuum!
Q2- What destroys vinyl plank flooring?
Ans: Small dirt particles and crumbles can function very similarly to sandpaper. They can scratch and scuff your vinyl flooring, harming the acrylic finish of the vinyl planks, if left unattended. Your vinyl planks would be exposed to further deterioration as a result.
Q3- Will vacuum scratch vinyl flooring?
Ans: Your vinyl floor can be vacuumed, but you must do it correctly. The scratches a large, heavy plastic vacuum can leave behind are one of the arguments made against vacuuming vinyl floors. This is only accurate, though, if you leave your vacuum’s beater bar in place.
Q4- What is the lifespan of vinyl plank flooring?
Ans: Vinyl flooring is incredibly robust. It can last between 10 and 20 years if properly installed and maintained. However, for the areas of your home that get the most traffic, vinyl is a fantastic option.